SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.28 issue1A questionnaire of Pressure Ulcers Prevention Knowledge CPUPP-37: elaboration and content validationWounds in nursing consultations: what injury creates more work load? Urban observational study author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links

  • On index processCited by Google
  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO
  • On index processSimilars in Google



Print version ISSN 1134-928X


TOBAJAS-SENOR, Eva M. et al. Current training on chronic wounds in the Nursing degree programs in the Spanish universities. Gerokomos [online]. 2017, vol.28, n.1, pp.38-41. ISSN 1134-928X.

With the aim to invite to reflection, this paper is intended to describe the current situation of the courses dedicated to training on chronic wounds and pressure ulcers within the Nursing degree developed in Spanish universities.


To describe the total amount of credits (European Credits Transfer System) in courses on chronic wounds taught in Spanish universities.


Search in the web pages of the Spanish Schools of Nursing in order to find and extract the number of credits in chronic wounds.


Out of the 19 Spanish autonomous regions, 119 universities have been reviewed. The universities without the teaching guides available on the web were excluded. In the final sample (109 universities) a 48.6% do not specify the number of credits, the course nor the academic year. In the remaining 51.4%, a 94.6% of universities have 1 or 2 credits (25 to 50 hours) for teaching about chronic wounds; mainly taught in the second year.


In about a half of the Spanish universities there is no available information about the number of credits taught on chronic wounds. Within the universities with available data, most of them have 1 or 2 teaching credits.

Keywords : chronic wound; professional nursing; school of nursing; teachers credits..

        · abstract in Spanish     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )