SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.33 número2Estudio multicéntrico español SHECTS: situación hepática de los pacientes con hepatitis crónica por el VHC en tratamiento sustitutivo renal con hemodiálisisAsociación entre excreción peritoneal de proteínas, episodios de peritonitis y D/P de fósforo en pacientes en diálisis peritoneal índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados




Links relacionados

  • En proceso de indezaciónCitado por Google
  • No hay articulos similaresSimilares en SciELO
  • En proceso de indezaciónSimilares en Google


Nefrología (Madrid)

versión On-line ISSN 1989-2284versión impresa ISSN 0211-6995


ARENAS, M. Dolores et al. Improvement of therapeutic compliance in haemodialysis patients with poor phosphorus control and adherence to treatment with binders: COMQUELFOS study. Nefrología (Madr.) [online]. 2013, vol.33, n.2, pp.196-203. ISSN 1989-2284.

Background: The effectiveness of phosphate binders in daily practice is directly related to therapeutic compliance (TC) by the patient. The goal of this study was to analyse the TC of haemodialysis patients with hyperphosphatemia and its influence on serum phosphorus for 6 months follow up. Methods: 181 patients were included, who had mean initial phosphate levels (P) >5mg/dl. TC with different phosphate binders was evaluated, considering non-adherent patients those who had <75% of TC, SMAQ scale score of "non-adherent" (Table 1), and P>5mg/dl. Patients who were adherent at baseline visit (BV) left the study, the rest continued to V5 (6 months). TC at baseline and during the follow up (V1-V5) was analysed. Phosphate binders and the evolution of phosphataemia based on treatment were assessed. Results: 103 male and 78 female patients were evaluated, with a mean age of 59.9 (21-86) years. Of these, 39.2% (n=71) were adherent in the BV. Patients older than 60 years of age were more adherent than younger ones (P=.019).Table 6 specifies the causes of non-compliance. The remaining 60.8% of patients (n=110), were non-adherent and continued through to the end of the study. An average of 27.2% of these patients became adherent during the course of the study. Table 7 shows the relative levels of P with TC over successive visits. At the end of the study, mean P levels had decreased by 1.26mg/dl (P<.0001). Conclusion: Among HD patients with poor P level control, there is a low level of adherence with phosphorus binder treatment, at 39.2%. Compliance and phosphataemia are improved with different strategies. The decrease of P is higher in adherent patients than in non-adherent patients.

Palabras clave : Haemodialysis; Adherence; Therapeutic compliance; Phosphatemia; Phosphorus; Phosphate binders.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )


Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons