SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.12 issue7Lymphoid lesions of salivary glands: Malignant and BenignResults of a dental care protocol for mentally handicapped patients set in a primary health care area in Spain author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links

  • On index processCited by Google
  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO
  • On index processSimilars in Google


Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal (Internet)

On-line version ISSN 1698-6946


VAN DER WAAL, Rutger  and  VAN DER WAAL, Isaäc. Oral non-squamous malignant tumors: diagnosis and treatment. Med. oral patol. oral cir.bucal (Internet) [online]. 2007, vol.12, n.7, pp.486-491. ISSN 1698-6946.

Some 90% of oral cancers consist of squamous cell carcinomas that arise from the oral mucosa. The remaining 10% of malignancies consist of malignant melanomas, carcinomas of the intraoral salivary glands, sarcomas of the soft tissues and the bones, malignant odontogenic tumors, non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas and metastases from primary tumors located elsewhere in the body. These malignancies will be briefly reviewed and discussed. The emphasis is on diagnosis and management.

Keywords : Oral cancer; oral sarcoma; oral malignant melanoma; oral metastases.

        · text in English     · English ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License