ISSN 1698-4447 - print version
Journal Sections (ONLINE ISSN: 1698-6946)
1. Letters to the Editor
Articles may only he submitted via e-mail.
-Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The submission will include:
* Introductory letter tothe editor.
* Manuscript - Word document (attachment).The complete
manuscript, including. Title, short title, authors, address, email, keywords, text and tables–, IN SPANISH O IN ENGLISH, and typed double-space throughout, should be sent to the editor. TABLES should be enclosed on separate sheets, one per page. They should be correlatively listed, together with their legends or descriptions.
* Illustrations should be in JPG or TIFF format. The figures must be submitted separately in the above mentioned format, and not inserted in the word document, The resolution should be at least 300 DPI.
All accepted article will be publische online and are included in the INDEX MEDICUS, MEDLINE and PUBMED. The editorial board will decide and select some of these article for inclusion in the print version.
Articles in Spanish will always be translated into English, and will there fore be published in both English and Spanish. It is possible to pubilish articles ONLY in ENGLISH, in wich case they will be published ONLY ON LINE.
Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal will publish contributions addressing clinicopathological as well as medical or surgical management aspects of diseases affecting oral mucosa, salivary glands, maxillary bones, and temporomandibular joints, as well as orofacial neurological disorders, neck and facial pathology, and systemic conditions with an impact on the oral cavity. Articles discussing medical problems in Odontology will also be included, with a special focus on the clinicoodontological management of medically compromised patients, and considerations regarding high-risk or disabled patients. Oral surgical procedures will also be accepted.
From 2006, we begin two new sections: Community and Preventive Densistry and another knows as Clinical Density wich includes manuscripts on : Restorative dentistrey, Endodontics, Prosthesis, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Odontopediatrics.
Articles will normally be included in one of the different categories: Oral Medicine and Pathology, Odontology for the disabled and special patient, Oral Surgery, Neck and Facial Pathology, Community and Preventive Density and Clinical Density
Authors should indicate the category they wish their article to be included in, although the Editor may change this upon advice from reviewers. Articles received will always undergo revision by a committee of experts. Only original articles will be accepted, authors being responsible for the meeting of this regulation. Authors are also responsible for all opinions, results and conclusions contained in articles, which will not necessarily be shared by the journal’s Editor and reviewers. All accepted articles become the property of Medicina Oral S.L., and their date of reception and acceptance will be reflected; thus, their subsequent publication in other media is not allowed without written permission by the Editor. Authors will transfer IN WRITING the copyright of their contributions to Medicina Oral S.L.
The articles will include:
1. Research articles: Analytical investigations such as cross-sectional surveys, case-control studies, cohort studies and controlled clinical trials will be recommended for publication. For clinical trials, authors must specify legal permissions obtained. Articles should not exceed 12 pages (including references) in DIN A-4 format, 30 lines per page. Not more than three figures and two tables should be included; up to 30 references.
2. Review articles: Articles of special interest and those entailing an update on any of the topics identified as subjects for this journal will be accepted. They should not exceed 12 pages (references included) in DIN A-4 format, with 30 lines per page. They should contain a maximum of three figures and two tables per article; up to 30 references.
3. Case reports: One or more special interest case reports may be included. They should not exceed 6 pages (references included) in DIN A-4 format, with 30 lines per page. A maximum of three figures and one table may be included in each report; up to 15 references.
Articles should include the following:
1. First page: This should include the article’s title, as well as a running title, the authors’ full name and academic post, and an address for correspondence, including telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
3. Following pages: These in turn will include the following headings, according to the type of contribution (research articles, review articles or case reports):
— Summary, containing 150-300 words ALWAYS structured as: objectives, study design, results and conclusions.- Key words.- Introduction.- Material and methods: specifying statistical procedures used.- Results.-Discussion.- References.
— Summary: containing 150-300 words.- Key words.- Main text, which should when possible be made up of the following paragraphs: Concept, Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Clinical picture, Complementary explorations, Diagnosis, Prognosis, Management.- References.
— Summary: containing 150-300 words.- Key words.- Introduction.- Case reports.- Discussion.- References.
REFERENCES should be numbered consecutively in order of
appeareance, being quoted between parentheses in the text. Unpublished
observations and personal communications should not be included as
references. The Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to
Biomedical Journals format is required throughout.
[Home] [Editorial Board] [Instructions to authors] [Subscription]
© 2007 Medicina Oral S.L.
C/ Daniel Balaciart Nª 4 pta. 17
46020 - Valencia (España)
Te.:96 352 82 76
Fax: 96 394 18 54